About Lake Arrowhead and the Surrounding Mountain Communities
Lake Arrowhead and the surrounding mountain communities are located just 90 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, and within 30-45 minutes of San Bernardino. Once in San Bernardino, Lake Arrowhead is just a short drive away up Highway 18.
There are several lakes in the Southern California mountains including Lake Arrowhead, Lake Gregory (Crestline), Green Valley Lake, Grass Valley Lake, Lake Silverwood, and Big Bear Lake. It’s where you can have the best of both worlds – lakeside homes and mountain living within reach of a major metropolitan area.
Experience awesome mountain and lake views, four seasons, clean air, and small community living.
LAKE ARROWHEAD itself is a private lake and community which is centrally located in the San Bernardino Mountains of Southern California. The Lake Arrowhead area boasts a magnificent forest of pine and cedar at an altitude of approximately 5,190 feet. Lake Arrowhead is a 784 acre deep blue lake and is described by many as the “Jewel of Southern California”. Within the mountain communities is an area designated as Arrowhead Woods, which is the area that is privately owned. Lake Arrowhead is generally considered an “upscale” are of the mountain communities and the lake front features some specatular homes.
There are a number of activities available to Lake Arrowhead residents and visitors:
- Arrowhead Village Shopping
- Arrowhead Queen Ferry – take a ride around our beatiful lake!
- Summer Concert Series (summer months only)
- McKenzie Ski School – waterski & wakeboard lessons
- Children’s Forest – Off of Highway 18 near Running Springs
- Campgrounds: Dogwoods, Pinnacles, North Shore, Crab Flats and more!
- Mountain Skies Astronomical Society / Astronomy Village – West side of Rim High School on Highway 18
- Snow Valley Ski Resort – East of Running Springs / Arrowbear on Highway 18
- Rim Nordic – mountain biking / Cross Country Skiing right across from Snow Valley Ski Resort
- UCLA Conference Center – North side of the Lake
- Wildhaven Ranch – sanctuary for endangered and indigenous wild animals
Lake Arrowhead itself is not a city. The community consists of Lake Arrowhead Village and several small surrounding communities which include: Arrowhead Woods, Twin Peaks, Blue Jay, Agua Fria, and Cedar Glen. All of these combined small communities are nestled within 812,000 acres of the San Bernardino National Forest, giving the area a very tranquil small town feeling.
Whether you are deciding on purchasing your dream Lake Arrowhead home or just have a few questions about Lake Arrowhead, Crestline, Running Springs or the surrounding mountain communities feel welcome to contact me for assistance with learning more about the local market, activities, and of course homes and real estate!